Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nerezine Castle


oil on canvas 9 x 12" ( 23 x 30 cm )
$ 200

made 17th August




After a 40 minutes walk in a hot afternoon I found this castle .
built after the Lepanto naval battle by Colane Drasia. A captain from Ossero that distinguished himself in the battle and was reawarded by the Republic of Venice with land and property in the islands of Cres (Cherso) and Maly Losinj(Lussino).
It was very hot. I got sting by a bee. Never sow a soul for the all time it took me to paint .

2 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Pity the poor studio painter who doesn't have to fight bees!

I like this painting..what a good job with perspective. It looks like a fortress--the occupants wouldn't let you in that place if they didn't want to! it's massively indestructible.

Unknown said...

Hi Celeste,
certanly one time they knew how to build a safe shelter. It lasted a long time. I am glad you liked my perspective as i spent about 15 minutes to find the right spot from witch to paint. You always so kind. Thank you very much